- 1 Recipe Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- 10 taco size flour tortillas
- 2oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 1/2cup sweet barbecue sauce like Sweet Baby Rays
- 1 1/2cups shredded sharp cheese
- 1/2teaspoon ancho chili powder(may sub chili powder)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 1/2teaspoon ranch dressing seasoning packet mix
- 1/2teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Prepare Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas according to directions up until baking on Step 3 (not necessary to bake to crisp beef).
Meanwhile, whisk together all of the Chipotle Ranch ingredients in medium bowl; refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F when ready to assemble taquitos.
In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, barbecue sauce and ancho chili powder.
Remove pork from slow cooker and add to a strainer in order to remove excess liquid (or else your taquitos will get soggy) then add to cream cheese mixture. Mix until evenly combined. Add cheese and mix until evenly combined.
Add a heaping 1/4 cup pork mixture to each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place filled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet.
IF MAKING AHEAD, you can stop at this point, cover taquitos with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Lightly brush each tortilla with olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until golden (add an extra 5 minutes if taquitos have been refrigerated). Broil for extra crispiness. Serve with Chipotle Ranch.