- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tsp EACH ground ginger, garlic pwdr
- 1/2tsp EACH onion pwdr, salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
Pomegranate Coconut Sauce
- 3/4cup quality coconut milk(I like Chaokoh)
- 3/4cup pomegranate juice
- 3tablespoons quality hoisin sauce(like Lee Kum Kee or Kikkoman)
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1tsp EACH garlic pwdr, dried basil
- 1/2tsp EACH onion pwdr, ground ginger
- 1/4tsp EACH salt, pepper
- 1 1/2teaspoons Sriracha/Asian hot red chili sauce(more or less to taste)
- 1/2cup peanuts, crushed(or more to taste)
- 1/3cup sweetened coconut flakes(or more to taste)
- 3tablespoons pomegranate seeds(or more to taste)
In a medium bowl, whisk together Pomegranate Coconut Sauce ingredients. Set aside
Mix Rub Ingredients together in a small bowl and rub all over chicken.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove chicken to plate.
Add Pomegranate Coconut Sauce and simmer until thickened to desired consistency, Add chicken back to skillet, and spoon sauce over chicken.
Garnish with desired toppings and serve over rice.