Learn how to make the Best cilantro lime rice – better than Chipotle’s and better than Cafe Rio on the stove top OR your in your rice cooker!
This Cilantro Lime Rice is easy to make and I’ve even included directions for stove top or rice cooker so you can use white or brown rice! I’ve also included instructions so you can make this Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe with black beans at the same time (two sides in one!). This Cilantro Lime Rice is an easy to make and is the perfect side to all your Mexican dishes.
This Cilantro Lime Rice is simmered with jalapenos, green chilies and red onions spiked with cilantro and lime for the most satisfying Mexican rice you will want to serve with everything. Or with nothing because its ts cravilicious all by itself.
Although Mexican Rice is more common at Mexican Restaurants, Cilantro Lime Rice has a special place in my heart and a staple at my house. Its the same rice in my beloved Honey Lime Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls and I serve it along all my Mexican meats such as my Carnitas, Smothered Chicken Burritos, Beef Barbacoa, Baja Fish Tacos and on and on, so I thought it was long past time for its very own post even though there are many versions all over the internet but none quite like this...
Looking for more Mexican Sides Recipes?
- Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chipotle Lime Butter
- Southwest Salad with Creamy Avocado Salsa Dressing
- Southwest Orzo Salad with Chipotle Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Pina Colada Fruit Salad
- Grilled Pineapple with Brown Sugar Orange Glaze
- Mexican Street Fries with Salsa Ketchup
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
This Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe is delishified by the addition of black beans which cook right alongside the rice along with sauteed red onions, jalapenos, green chilies, garlic and a healthy dash of cumin.
Even with the encore cast, this Cilantro Lime Rice recipe is flavorful without being overwhelming so it pairs perfectly with any tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc. you are serving up and also makes the ideal side because it requires so little hands-on prep time, but adds a lot to the meal.
And if you are feeling a little crazy, you can stir in some sour cream, avocados, salsa, and/or cheese. Lots of cheese. I must feel crazy a lot.
I am often super lazy when it comes to making this rice, so I’ve included rice cooker instructions as well for a couldn’t-be-easier dump and run recipe. I love my rice cooker because you don’t have to babysit the rice and it comes out perfectly every single time. The only difference in Rice Cooker Version is we sub garlic cloves for garlic powder and red onion for onion powder, It also means you can use brown rice s well.
How Customize Cilantro Lime Rice
- Add avocado. I made a creamy avocado sauce in my Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice – gah – so good!
- Add Pico de Gallo , Homemade Salsa, or Salsa Verde. These not only add flavor but extra “sauciness.”
- Add other veggies. Corn, red bell peppers or zucchini would all be fabulous.
- Mix in cheese. You can do a little for a taste or a lo so it’s cheeeesy.
- Stir in sour cream. Sour cream makes it decadently creamy. I like to stir in cheese and sour cream. Gah, so good!
- Add chicken or steak. You can add some plain shredded rotisserie chicken, Crockpot Mexican Chicken or some chipotle chicken. For the steak, try some chopped up carne asada.
This Pot Cilantro Lime Rice recipe is waiting for you to elevate every Mexican meal to even more drool worthy heights.
Looking for more Rice Recipes?
- Mexican Style Rice
- Coconut Ginger Rice with Black Beans
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice
- Greek Lemon Rice
- Parmesan Risotto
- Coconut Rice with Pineapple and Cashews
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Want to try this Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe?
Pin it to your MEXICAN, RICE or DINNER BOARD to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: