Baked or Grilled Italian Mozzarella Chicken Foil Packets bursting with astonishingly juicy, flavorful chicken and tender, seasoned Potatoes, Carrots and Zucchini all smothered with Mozzarella Cheese! These foil packets are meal-in-one that are quick to throw together and even quicker to clean up!
Foil Packet Dinners are taking the internet food world by storm. And I totally get why. They are sooo versatile, quick, easy, hardly any clean up, can be grilled or baked, are a meal all in one, make amazing make ahead meals (just pull a cooked packet out of the fridge), and completely delcious! Win, win, win, win, win, win, win!
Last month, I experimented with three different Chicken Foil Packet recipes at once (see IG pic HERE). I halved each recipe so I had two identical Chicken Foil Packets of each recipe (6 total) and baked one of each and grilled one of each. Then the fun part, aside from eating them, I asked my IG friends to vote on which Chicken Foil Packet recipe they wanted first:
A) Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Foil Packets with Potatoes, Broccoli and Ranch Crema
B) Italian Mozzarella (Garlic Butter) Chicken Foil Packets with Zucchini, Carrots and Potatoes
C) Cajun Chicken Foil Packets with Sweet Potatoes, Bell Peppers and Lime Crema
B (Italian Mozzarella Chicken Foil Packets) won with a 5 vote lead over A, followed closely by C – but they are were absolutley DE-LISH and I can’t wait to share all the recipes with you!
With all my Chicken Foil Packet experimenting, I found a few important factors in order to make the best, most flavorful, juicy, successful foil packets:
Tips for the BEST Chicken Foil Packetes
- Microwave your longer cooking vegetables – in this case your potatoes and carrots. While this is one extra EASY step, it ensures you the moistest chicken around. If you don’t microwave your veggies first, then you are grilling/baking until your veggies are tender and this is MUCH longer than the time your chicken requires to cook, resulting in drier chicken. not cool. Also by microwaving your veggies first, you don’t have to be such a stickler for what size chicken you use because you can base your cooking time off when your chicken is done.
- Bake/Grill your chicken just until your chicken is done – we are only able to do this because of the aforementioned step. Overcooking your chicken is a dry sentence.
- Marinate your chicken in a Wet Rub – doing this just while you prep your other veggies makes a world of difference. By slathering your chicken with a combination of olive oil, seasonings and in this case, splashes of lemon juice, Dijon and balsamic vinegar, you ensure your chicken is nice and juicy and seeping with flavor through and through.
- Chop your potatoes small – about 1/4-1/2.” This allows your potatoes to be mostly cooked in the micorwave prior to baking/grilling, otherwise they still might not be cooked through by the time your chicken is done.
- Don’t peak – only check one chicken foil packet at 15 minutes if grilling and 20 minutes if baking becasue every time you open the foil, steam/heat escapes.
Those are a few helpful hints/tips I learned, but don’t stress about them, these Italian Mozzarella Chicken Foil Packets are uber easy and everything you need to do is in the directions for melt in your mouth mozzarella smothered Italian seasoned chicken and veggies.
Want to try these Italian Mozzarella Chicken Foil Packets?
Pin it to your CHICKEN, DINNER or GRILL Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: