This Homemade Salsa Recipe is made in your blender, on your table in 5 MINUTES and tastes better than your favorite restaurant or jar!
Homemade Salsa Recipe that tastes better than any restaurant or store-bought?!!! YES! You will never want to buy salsa again! This Easy Salsa recipe allows you to customize the heat, the consistency, saves beautifully, can be made ahead of time and the layers of flavor are out of this world!
Everybody needs the best salsa recipe to munch on or to smother all their favorite Mexican food in – and this is it! Living in Carlsbad, (north San Diego), where Mexican restaurants outnumber any other type of food 20-1, I have tasted a lot of salsas. And this homemade salsa recipe, my friends, is as good as the best I’ve ever tasted!
This easy Salsa Recipe is the perfect appetizer for you to bring to your 4th of July festivities because after all, salsa has become quite American in a way…Because what American doesn’t LOVE salsa? and eat it at every picnic, party, sports gathering, etc? It also makes everything better from Carne Asada Fries to Barbacoa Beef Bowls, to Baja Fish Tacos, Chicken Fajitas, Steak Fajitas and on and on.
And now, I gift you with being able to make and therefore EAT your very own Homemade Salsa in 5 minutes!
It goes like this…
How to make the Best Salsa Recipe
- Add garlic, fresh cilantro, onion, jalapeno, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, oregano and lime juice to your blender. We want this easy salsa full of aromatics and seasoning so it doesn’t just taste like tomatoes!
2. Pulse these ingredients until chopped.
3. Add your canned fire roasted tomatoes and green chilies. We use canned fire roasted tomatoes which are a huge shortcut from roasting your own tomatoes and much more flavorful than fresh tomatoes. Fire roasted tomatoes have been gently roasted over an open fire for a great smoky, flavor which enhances the sweetness and mellows the acidity.
4. Pulse a few more times to reach desired consistency.
And that’s it! In 5 minutes you have the tastiest restaurant quality homemade salsa recipe in town! And believe me, I know my salsas!
How To Customize Your Easy Salsa
What I especially love about this Homemade Salsa Recipe is you can completely control the consistency!
- For a finer salsa, simply chop/blend more
- For a thinner Salsa, add juice from the fire roasted tomato cans
- For a spicier salsa, add some or all of the jalapeno seeds – stirring in a little at a time until it reaches your desired heat level.
- For a more garlicky salsa, add more garlic
- For more “tomato-y” use more tomatoes
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: