Wow, these are good. Like, all 12 crepes disappeared in 1 day good.
1) They are an excuse to wrap all sorts of savory eats inside a thin pancake – and let’s be honest – what isn’t better nestled inside a pancake?!
2) They taste gourmet and even sound gourmet but they are the easiest breakfast to whip up – ever – put all the ingredients in a blender and – blend! To fill, simply saute veggies for 3-5 minutes.
3) You can eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner (or in my case, I ate these crepes for all 3!) without feeling guilty and instead LOVING every second!
4) I get all nostalgic and filled with warm fuzzies because savory crepes were served at my bridal shower over 8 years ago. My dear friends seriously went above and beyond, whipping up every savory crepe imaginable. So I can’t help but think of savory crepes and the generous feast of both food and friendship (and if you’ve read “My Love Story” – you’ll have an even better idea why).
5) They usually involve cheese.
AND crispy bacon?!
AND fresh vegetables? (okay maybe you aren’t as excited about that one, but you will be once you taste these!)
(just look at this filling!:)
Put them all together and you have crisp tender asparagus, zucchini and bell peppers spiced with paprika, garlic, fresh basil and parsley, mixed with bacon, feta and Monterey Jack cheese then wrapped in a velvety thin crepe…
And then doused in smooth, creamy, Dijon, lemon, cumin, paprika spiced SKINNY hollandaise sauce!